Launched in 2012, GreenSchoolsConnect (GSC) is a national collaborative initiative powered by Earth Force to accelerate a systemic approach to sustainability in school districts. GSC builds off Earth Force’s proven leadership in networking community partners, training local schools, and providing curricular resources to run service-learning and action civics programs in their community.
GreenSchoolsConnect leverages existing expertise in communities using Earth Force’s collaborative Youth Engagement Partnership model to:
● convene, connect, and foster “uncommon collaboratives” among schools and school districts, higher education, private, non-profit, government, and other community-based organizations to collectively accelerate the implementation of sustainable practices in schools.
● educate, engage, and excite young people about science, math, engineering, technology and sustainability by actively including them in the process of creating and measuring the impacts of more efficient and healthier schools.
● Regional Launch Events - School district teams, along with sustainability leaders from private, public, higher education, and non-profit sectors convene to foster a systemic approach to embedding green and sustainable practices in everything schools do.
● In-person, online, webcast, or webinar activities to facilitate project activity and track progress.
● Peer to peer networking opportunities in topic areas such as facilities management, finance issues, and communication strategies.
● Corporate sustainability professionals serve as coaches and mentors, sharing their experiences for embedding sustainability as a cross-functional activity
Through our uncommon collaboratives, stakeholders will:
● Create a common agenda for sustainability in schools
● Bring a systems-thinking perspective to district planning around sustainability
● Build networks and identify uncommon collaboratives that can help build capacity
● Strengthen the case for sustainability in schools
Why Get Involved with GreenSchoolsConnect as a Corporation?
Your company’s involvement will advance the efforts of sustainability in schools and school districts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
● Advance Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals through employee engagement
● Align your brand with an audience of students, parents, educators, and school district staff
● Connect the dots between corporate sustainability efforts and STEM education
● Impact the workforce pipeline as students develop 21st Century Skills and environmental stewardship
● Collaborate directly with school district leaders to advance systemic solutions to sustainability
How do I get involved?
Corpoate Sponsors $4,000
(includes participation by 2-3 staff in the Launch) ($1,000 provides sponsorship for school districts)
Why Get Involved with GreenSchoolsConnect as K-12?
Participation in this innovative approach to sustainability will allow districts and partners to collaborate over a 12-month period with local and national leaders in sustainability in order to achieve:
● District operational cost savings and efficiencies
● Healthy school environments
● District-wide commitment to environmentally responsible behavior and skills
● Leadership opportunities for students
How do I get involved?
School District team $2,000
(up to 10 members) (includes an two-day launch and access to a year long collaboratory,
peer-to-peer mentoring, field trips, networking, and much more)
(non-profit, higher ed, municipal leadership)
Please check back soon for information regarding our upcoming Launch in Denver, CO.